Bones came back strong, with 8.2 million people tuning in and a 2.5 demo.
That demo number marks an uptick of a tenth from the show’s winter finale (which aired Jan. 12) as well as a marked improvement on the rating most recently delivered in the Mondays-at-8 time slot by Alcatraz (1.6) and House (2.1).
As for the NCAA,Castle, Smash, Houseand other Monday night programming…
* CBS’ coverage of the NCAA men’s basketball championship averaged 17.8 million total viewers and a 6.4 demo rating from 9 to 11 pm.
* As reality-TV titans go, Dancing With the Stars (16.54 mil/2.8) was down 8 and 12 percent, while The Voice (10.7 mil/4.1) dropped 11 and 9 percent week-to-week.
* Gossip Girl returned to 1.1 million viewers and a 0.5 rating, flat versus its last outing.
* House (6.7 mil/2.2), bolstered by a stronger lead-in, saw double-digit gains.
* Castle was steady with 12.1 mil/2.2, while Smash (6.1 mil/2.2) gained a tenth in the demo — this opposite the second hour of NCAA hoops.
In its second episode, Smash had a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating, down a somewhat worrisome 26% vs. a 3.8 rating in its premiere last Monday… Castle held at a season low 2.0 adults 18-49 rating equal to last last week…Now announced in its final season, FOX’s House drew a season low 2.4 adults 18-49 rating, down a tenth vs. a 2.5 rating last week. Alcatraz kept falling, its 1.9 adults 18-49 rating was a series low, down 17% vs. a 2.3 rating last week…The CW’s Gossip Girl fell to a season (series?) low 0.5 adults 18-49 rating, vs. a 0.6 rating last week. Hart Of Dixie drew a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating even with last week.